https://seminoleheightsstormwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/seminole-heights-stormwater-logo-small.jpg 0 0 Audrey Clarke https://seminoleheightsstormwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/seminole-heights-stormwater-logo-small.jpg Audrey Clarke2022-09-26 11:19:292022-09-26 14:03:29Meeting Cancelled; Store Your Pavers; Sandbags & Update
- The community meeting scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022, at Hillsborough High School has been cancelled. The project team will reschedule the meeting for a later date once Hurricane Ian passes.
- In cooperation with St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, the project team has about 1,000 sandbags and sand available at St. Paul’s parking lot. Self-serve. Limit 10 bags per household. Some shovels available onsite. 5103 N. Central Ave.
- Store your pavers. If you have a paver drive and pavers stockpiled for future installation, please move them to a safe space. The project team cannot remove/store these before the storm.
- Crews are securing all work sites. Today, they will be pulling all unnecessary traffic devices, such as directional signs.
- Crews are preparing all storm inlets; curb inlet protection will be pulled closer to the storm’s arrival.
- The project team will also check the condition of the floating turbidity barrier in the Hillsborough River at the outfall.
- There will likely be erosion on some roads that cannot be repaved before the storm hits. Residents who shelter in place are urged to use caution if attempting to navigate these roads. Nelson will have crews on standby to return to the site and start repairing any damaged roads as soon as it is safe to do so.
The project team is awaiting direction from FDOT regarding Florida Avenue. We’ll post additional updates once information is available.